The disadvantage of growing up in a hypermedia and hyper-technology culture is that our teens will be exposed to sexual material, and possibly sexual activity, sooner than we’d like.
As a parent, you need to know what to do to support your teen, help them to think critically about their choices, and encourage them to keep themselves safe.
This course is for parents but also has elements for your teen. It covers:
- Sex: What is it and what is it not? And how do you initiate this conversation with your teen.
- Tackling Shame: How to confront it and overcome it.
- Discretion & Intimacy: Helping your teen understand the importance of trust and privacy.
- Consent: How to give it, how to get it, and the risks of not knowing if you have it.
- Pornography: How to understand what it is (entertainment) and what it isn't (healthy sexual relationships).
- Identity and how to respect your teen’s developing sexuality.
At the end of this course you will have a solid base from which to start an integral conversation with your teen.
For topics you may not quite be ready to discuss together (ahem, porn) the teen videos are downloadable so you can easily share the info with them.