The disadvantage of growing up in a hypermedia and hyper-technology culture is that our teens will be exposed to sexual material, and possibly sexual activity, sooner than we’d like.
As a parent, you need to know what to do to support your teen, help them to think critically about their choices, and keep themselves safe.
This course, which is structured for parents but with elements that can be shown to your teen, covers:
- Sex: What is it and what is it not? And how do you have this conversation with your teen.
- Tackling Shame: How to confront it and banish it.
- Discretion & Intimacy
- Consent: How to give it, how to get it, and the risks of not knowing if you have it.
- Pornography: Its risks and realities.
- Identity and how to respect your teen’s developing sexuality.
Dr. Jillian Roberts has been working with children for more than twenty years, first as a primary schoolteacher, then as a child psychologist and an associate professor of educational psychology at the University of Victoria. She is the author of the critically acclaimed “Just Enough” book series for children and the creator of the “Key Facts of Life” app. She has also published numerous scholarly articles and given presentations on educational and health psychology around the world. Jillian is also a wife and mother of three children.