It’s easy for us all to become self-focused in our selfie culture. We can also feel helpless in the face of so much bad news in the world. Rather than giving in, how can we help our kids push back against the negativity?
This course is for you if:
- Your child is asking about things they see in the world, like poverty, injustice, racism, etc.
- You worry your child is becoming overly self-focused.
- Your child is seeking ways to create positive change in the world.
- You are seeking ways you and your child can get involved in causes that you care about together.
What Will I Learn?
- How to initiate these conversations with your child.
- Ideas on how to help them find discover what they care about.
- Ways to support your child as they get involved in causes that matter to them.
- How to encourage your child to use their critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Encouraging kids make a difference isn’t just good for other people and the planet – it also builds their resilience, outlook and self-esteem. And it's great way to integrate your values into actions you take together as a family.
Single CourseLifetime access to this single course with a one-time payment.
All-Access PassFull access to all of our courses with a monthly subscription.
$12.00 / monthGet Started
All-Access PassBest Deal - Save 30% on our All-Access Pass to all courses with a yearly subscription
$99.00 / yearGet Started
- Actions Parents Can Take
- Activity for Ages 6-17: Passion Into Action Plan
- Resource: Ways You Can Help Your Kids Get Involved
- Things to Do Together
- Activity for Ages 3-9: Universal Human Rights Matching
- Activity for Ages 6-9: Hand-in-Hand
- Activity for Ages 6-12: Wild Side Journal
- Classroom Activity for Teachers FREE PREVIEW
Dr. Jillian Roberts