Depression is a challenging illness, but the good news is that with proper treatment and management, your teen - and your family - can have a wonderful and fulfilling life. A teen's brain is still wiring itself through adolescence, which means that there are many opportunities to support, shape and guide their mind to adapt to healthier patterns of thought.
This course will be right for you if:
- Your teen seems more upset, overwhelmed, sad or withdrawn than usual, or compared to your other children or peers.
- Your child has received a clinical diagnosis of depression and you are looking for additional support and resources.
- This course uses the principles of the Parental Compass to show you some strategies you can use right away to help you and your family manage teen depression. We recommend taking our “Raising Resilient Kids: Intro to the Parental Compass” course first whenever possible.
What Will I Learn?
- What teen depression is
- The behaviours associated with it
- Environmental stressors that could be affecting your teen
- How to support your teen and your family through these difficult times
- Strategies and activities to help manage your teens depression and empower them to manage it too
Please note: This course is not intended to be a substitute for professional treatment. If you suspect your child may be suffering from depression, please make an appointment with an experienced child psychologist or talk to your family doctor.
Single CourseLifetime access to this single course with a one-time payment.
All-Access PassFull access to all of our courses with a monthly subscription.
$12.00 / monthGet Started
All-Access PassBest Deal - Save 30% on our All-Access Pass to all courses with a yearly subscription
$99.00 / yearGet Started
- Start Early
- Staying Engaged
- Unconditional Love
- Activity: Expression of Self Collage
- Stay Current
- Activity: Social Media Self-Inventory
- Smart Boundaries
- Activity: Rumination Diary
- Nurture Relationships
- Activity: What Makes Me, Me
- Build Resilience
- Activity: Gratitude Journal
- Lose Stigma & Prejudice
- Activity: Letting Go
- Final Thoughts
Dr. Jillian Roberts