Childhood depression is a challenging illness, but the good news is that with proper treatment and management, your child - and your family - can have a wonderful and fulfilling life. Children’s brains are still wiring and forming throughout childhood and adolescence, which means that there are many opportunities to support, shape and guide your child’s mind to adapt to healthier patterns of thought.
This course will be right for you if:
- Your child seems more upset, overwhelmed, sad or withdrawn than usual, or compared to your other children or peers.
- Your child has received a clinical diagnosis of depression and you are looking for additional support and resources.
This course uses the principles of the Parental Compass to show you some strategies you can use right away to help you and your family manage childhood depression. We recommend taking our “Raising Resilient Kids: Intro to the Parental Compass” course first whenever possible.
What Will I Learn?
- What childhood depression is
- The behaviours associated with it
- Environmental stressors that could be affecting your child
- How to support your child and your family through these difficult times
- Strategies and activities to help manage your child’s depression and empower them to manage it too
Please note: This course is not intended to be a substitute for professional treatment. If you suspect your child may be suffering from depression, please make an appointment with an experienced child psychologist or talk to your family doctor.
Single CourseLifetime access to this single course with a one-time payment.
All-Access PassFull access to all of our courses with a monthly subscription.
$12.00 / monthGet Started
All-Access PassBest Deal - Save 30% on our All-Access Pass to all courses with a yearly subscription
$99.00 / yearGet Started