Raising kids in today’s hyper-connected world means we’re exposed to more news media than ever before. This can be especially tough on parents, as we struggle to explain what’s being shown on TV, or what’s happened in the world, to our kids in an age-appropriate manner.
This course will be right for you if:
- You’re wondering whether your child is ready to hear about terror, disasters and tragedy
- Your child is asking questions regarding terror, disasters and tragedy
- You live near the location of a recent attack or tragedy
What Will I Learn?
- An understanding of the fear and trauma children may experience after witnessing terror or watching tragedy on T.V. and social media.
- How to start the conversation
- How to talk to your child without making them fearful or anxious
- Strategies and activities that will help you and your child see the positive in the world
Unfortunately there will continue to be terror, tragedy and disaster in our world. We can help our children navigate these incidents and seek out ways to respond in positive ways that make the world a better place.